Friday, January 15, 2010

Essential Nail Course... Good or bad?

I am looking into a home learning nail technician course and have previously asked for ideas and feedback on this with little luck.





I have discovered a couple of courses but that are all assessed by written papers. I want something more practical but am unable to commit to an evening class as my free evening vary each week. Has anyone done a course with Essential Nails that can let me know how they found it?





I'm wanting something that covers the basics of skin and nail anatomy and basic manicures but from the website I can't tell if they do this as well or if they only cover the enhancements. I also would love to hear from anyone who could recommend something similar that can be learnt from home (again, I am unable to do a course at college at the moment). I am in the UK so need something that is recognised here.Essential Nail Course... Good or bad?
Hello





Having done college courses and home learn with essential nails and now working with them as their student support coach, i would recommend them for any one who can't get out to college or busy family life, the courses go through everything you would learn at college health and safely, anatomy, nail disease working with chemicals and more , then you have the test papers that show us how you are taking in all this information and the practical side, it is a fully recognised qualification at the end, and you can start your own mobile business or work in a salon it is up to you.


If you do have any question yes you can contact me by phone or email, but the DVD is set out really well and Gina goes through everything step by step you can go over the same bit again and again and we have no time limits, it all depend how you feel you would work better, if you have any other questions please do contact me here in the office on 01440 820 999.





Kind Regards


Sarah bell


Student Support Coach.Essential Nail Course... Good or bad?
Why don't you try posting this same question on a UK based nail technician forum, such as:


http://www.salongeek.com


I bet you would get good answers there!


Good luck!!!
you can learn from books..
To the ignorant moron above...you cannot learn nail technology through a book!





The Essential Nails course is ok, it's ideal if you cannot travel out to a class, and also if you want to take your time in doing so.





I haven't done the EN course myself, I did a classroom based course with Creative Nail Design, I did however look into doing the home learn EN course though. They teach you via a dvd (not the best way of learning in my opinion), I'd presume the anatomy etc is taught on the dvd and via books. That's the easy part, the hard part is actually working with the products, it looks easy but it's not! This is why working with a teacher in a classroom situation is soooo much better, cos if you need hands on help, it's there!! With EN, if you have a problem, you have to phone them up and ask for help over the phonelinel they can't show you what to do over the phone!!


Removal is nail enhancements is easy, acrylics, fibreglass and silk soak off in acetone, gel is buffed off.





If you did a company course like I did, it's a 5 day course, you do it in the daytime too (mine was 10am-4pm). Yes you do get a written exam with this (Most courses do, they need to check you have nail knowledge as well as the practical skills) but it's very heavy with the practical side of things too!





If this still hasn't changed your mind, the EN course is ok, just lacks hands on help and advice.





www.salongeek.com as already mentioned will help you further, you must register to post, once you're a member, go into the Nail Geek forum, and create a thread in there.





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment